Thursday, January 8, 2009

Weird Schedules, funny lockers and too many names...

Since apparently there are some people actually reading the stuff I'm writing (at least it seems so from the activity in the shoutbox), I decided to give everybody another update on how school went, but that's going to be it, for some time ;)

So after a too shorth night (having to get up at 5:45 because of the bus...) I today took the school bus to school and and talked to the guidance counsellor first. She askes me some Information for the school database before she got to the courses I'm taking. Just a reminder for everyone who doesn't know who the american school system really works: Every student picks 7 classes (some classes of course you have to take), which you have every day. So for now my schedule looks like this (probably staying that way too...) :

  • Lesson A : Honor Physics 1 (honor Classes are, at least I think , the "harder" classes) , which I had a lesson in already and it seemed fun (especaially the teacher...)
  • Lesson B: MusicTheoryComposition (was ok, but seemed very easy, which isn't necessarily bad ;))
  • Lesson C: World History (just basically like history in Germany, even with a German teacher so if I would possibly not beeing understanding something she can tell me in German)
  • Lesson D: Latin 3 (Didn't have it yet because of the time in the guidance counsellor office)
  • Lesson E: Honor Algebra 2/Trigonometrie (same as Latin)
  • Lesson F: English 10 (Just had it for about 20 min. and we watched a film so not much to say (they're reading shakespeare, though...)
  • Lesson G: Morality (Religion...)
  • "Lesson" H: Homeroom ( Time for announcements and just like a break...)
So now I come to the complicate Part, they have a rotating schedule so my daily schedules for a week would look like this:

Monday: A/B/H/C/D/E/F/G Tue:B/C/H/D/E/F/G/A We:C/D/H/E/F/G/A/B Thu:D/E/H/F/G/A/B/C Fri: E/F/H/G/A/B/C/D

But besides that there is more to know: lunch is in the 5th period and there are three different lunches: A/B/C were A is Go to Lunch/got to class; B: Go to Class/Lunch/Class C: Go to Class/Lunch. So if that didn't confuse you yet, here comes the most complicated thing, the Bell schedules I don't really understand them yet but maybe you do with this picture:

Another thing that I kinda got confused by, was the locker, you had to turn the wheel in a special way and I just didn't get it right, so I even almoust missed the bus, b

But overall I really liked my first school day, especially because everybody was so friendly, and introduced themselves to me, which again was very nice, but on the other side kinda bad, since I have to remember about 70 names I was told from all the kids in the different classes (There isn't such a thing as a class, which you stay together with the whole day) ;)

At last, another picture, this time of the nice garage I told you about yesterday:

No comments: