Monday, January 12, 2009

A new Week, more School and a new blog entry!

Even if it wasn't a whole week since the last entry I think you've waited long enough for some more information... ;)

On the weekend I had some fun with the korean exchange student from across the street, his name's Jun Hi (I hope it's spelled right, this is atleast who it's pronounced...) and he's just arrived three days before me and's a freshmen (9th grade). His host brother Zack( who's been gone on the weekend and came back in the evening of sunday) is also very nice and we are getting along quite good.

Me and Jun Hi actually exercised a lot on Friday/Saturday by shuffling a lot of Snow (there's really a lot of snow overhere..) to a hill and even cleared the driveway when doing it.



I've also but a proper Uniform on the weekend, which was 116 $, and ordered some books, which were just 40 $, but would have been more if I had ordered the physics book (I've asked the teacher about a spare book, and he's looking for one), which is at least 80 (!) $, so I actually got out quite cheap (Sol said she had paid about 450-500 $ total for books/uniforms).

Today was my 3rd day of school and I'm actually able to open my locker now ;) Also I'm starting to remember names and am getting along good with some people. I'll now just give you a little update about my classes and how they are:

  • Honor Physics: I like it alot, the teacher's fun and the people in the class too, even if they're mostly Juniors (11th grade) and Seniors (12th grade)
  • Music Theory: It's still so easy, but because of that it's fun, since it's really relaxed and there are only about 8 people on the class
  • World History: Pretty easy, because I had most of the stuff already in Germany (currently talking about the Frechn rev. + Napoleon), but fun becauese the teacher's nice and the people are okay
  • Latin 3: Not too easy (it's latin ... ;)) but I like the people (also Juniors mostly though)
  • Honor Alg. 2 + trig. : not too easy, since they're about one chapter farther than we were in germany, but still no problem and a nice jteacher
  • English: Nice Teacher + people, but reading shakespeare isn't particularly the most fun experience ;)
  • Morality; Only class I had to do homework for, up to now so I don't like it ;) No, actually it's fun and the teacher seems ok
So I'm having a fair amount of fun overhere and really am liking my exchange so far :) Maybe there'll be no school tomorrow (or at least the busses won't drive, which means I can sleep in and my host mum takes me), since there's a lot of snow and a blizzard forecasted for tonight (though I don't see the snow falling yet).

Amother picture, this time of Jun Hi:


Hoping for a lot of snow right now ;)

The End

No comments: