Saturday, December 27, 2008

Actual Departure Date !!

As some may have noticed, the countdown on the right side of the blog suddenly went up two more days, that's because I now know the actual date I'm leaving.

My flight leaves on the 6th of January at 12:30 P.M (German Time) and I'll be landing in Chicago airport at 3 P. M (American Time), where I change planes to then fly to Southbend Airport, a much smaller regional airport on the other side of Lake Michigan. I'll land in Southbend at about 5 P.M (American time), after almoust 11 h of travelling. I really am getting quite excited at the moment, since it's not long till I leave all of my friends and my parents and start my "Adventure".

But on the other side I'm actually not getting as excited as I thought I would get, since I talked with my host family already and at least on the phone they seemed quite nice ;). I also got some new information about them, which maybe'll interest some of you:
  • They don't just have the chinese (which actually is from south korea) and brazilian exchange student, also a german exchange student is there at the moment and will be leaving when I go over. I even was able to talk to her and she said the host family is very nice and I'll have fun, so I'm really looking forward to meet them :)
  • They have a dog, which I think is cool, since I always wanted to have another dog after our first dog died when I was three....
  • My host "mum" is actually russish-polish and my host "dad" spanish
  • They do have WLAN at the house (No I didn't ask that, she told me from herself ;)), which will make it easier to blog, since I'll be able to do it from there and don't have to do it in school
Since they all seemed very nice and happy, from what I heard on the phone, I really am glad I chose to go to the US and really am lloking forward to it :)

The End

P.S: Today I got the required haircut for the private school, which is much shorter than before...
If you want to see a picture spam the shoutbox (This shoutbox needs some activity :D) and maybe I'll post one ;)

No comments: