Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Spring Break including Roller Coasters (YAY!!!), Drumming, Work in the garden, the garage only one day rly ;( and PAINTBALL!!!!!

THIS IS KINGS DOMINIOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!!! (more specifically the Dominator Rollercoaster in Kings Domion :D) YAY! :D Spring Break's over wiith tomorrows start of school and it was awesome :D First the reason I didn't write anything last weekend: For one on Sunday I was having big family come-together and going off to write a blog would definately not fit in there :D Also I just thought I needed a week off this blog, since it was my vacation so I'm off of writing this too ... ;) Thirdly and maybe even the strongest cause, I didn't have the fastest internet at my grandparents, where I stayed (Satellite :/ Better than dial-up at least :P), so I wouldn't have been able to upload anything or embend videos like the one above as easily...


So what happened the first week u missed: Not much :P AHS only had 3 days of school, we've had thursday off too so school wasn't really interesting anymore, everybody was eager for the break :D On thursday night lou opened the garage for a bit, since he had off on friday, but only erin, me and lou were there but it was fun anyways :D

Last weeks Fridays morning Lou then took me to Southbend regional Airport and I had to get up really early, 'cause of the drive and the time change (Southbend's ET already), but hey it was for the sake of a VACATION TO VIRGINIA :D I changed planes in Detroit (nice airport btw :D) , had some taco bell there (yummy :D) for lunch, and arrived in Baltimore/Washington Intl Airport at about 4 o' clock :D My grandparents then picked me up and took me, together with my uncle Adam, to a nice greek restaurant for dinner, where I had some good Gyro (still not really like a Döner kebap but it came pretty close that time :D), before I spent the night at my uncle's watching "The 40 year old virgin" (I can only recommened if your up for some REALLY stoupid humour :D) seeing a dog park and drinking Dr. Pepper :P

The next day (Saturday for those of you that are lost already :P) my uncle took me for a surprise trip to: KINGS DOMINION! YAY! theme park! :D As some people that are reading this might now I was there once before and it was really awesome, as it was this time :D The park has literally about 20 rollercoasters and every single one is awesome :D The video you saw in the beginning is of the newest rollercoaster there, called the Dominator, that's less than 3 years old... the day was really awesome and it was alot of fun :D Another video here of one of the coasters, this time the Volcano, a inverted one:

Sunday: Family gathering at the house of my Aunt with a big meal and some basketball games of HORSE (actually we called it PFERD to honor my German origin, but horse is the normal name :P) with my two cousins + their father, Adam and me :D I'll not write anymore about this because it's not very interesting for anyone besides the family really :P Oh and I got a easter basket that day :D

This past week: Monday-Friday I was staying at the house of my grandparents, which is very big and very nice :) I'll save you any really detailed descriptions (Just because I didn't take any pictures, so it would be less interesting :P) but give you a fast overview:

Monday
: Mowed the Lawn with one of the cool Lawn Mower trucks (Fun! :D) and got to play the drums at the Orchestra where my grandpa playes the clarinette, because they were missing a drummer :D
Tuesday: Rain! :/ Some kids from next door and their grandparents they were staying with came over for dinner (Hot dogs and Hamburgers! MMHH! :D), to play some drums and in the case of the boy who came his guitar, as well as play some board games and the Wii my grandparents own
Wednesday: Rainy and cold! :/ but I still went for a bike ride through the town Kinsale :D
Thursday: Helped in the garden and painting some gardening furniture and played board games with my grandparents
Friday: Same as Thursday pretty much :D

Saturday:
Day of Departure :O In thé morning I got to see a local farmer's market which was fun, they had a cool forge there, they were using as well as some Habanero Pepper Jelly they were selling (Do NOT try it, it's HOT! :P) We left their house at noon and were at the airport at about 3:30 which was pretty much perfect, since my flight was supposed to leave at 4:30... Only a slightly problem there: It was delayed already when I came to the gate to at least 6 PM :O I again had a connection in Detroit to Southbend, so I couldn't take that flight, since I would have missed the connection... After standing in a line at the counter for some time (the man in front of me had to stay overnight to get a connection to Atlanta/then JFK/ then heathrow just becaused he would have missed his flight in Detroit :O) the only possibility they could offer me was a flight by Delta Airlines (I was supposed to fly with Nothwest) through Cincinnati to Chicago O' Hare :O I checked with my host parents if that was okay and then ran to the delta airlines gate to catch the flight to Cincinnati :D Well at least I got to see a new Airport (Cindy is bad though, very long lines at every single fast food restaurant -.-"), got to fly in bigger planes (Yeah Delta had the bigger (So more comfortable, less bumpier) planes...) and got an awesome view of chicago all lit up (I guess when I first came to the US it wasn't dark yet when I arrived :O), while the pilot was doing a great synchrone landing with another plane landing on the runway next to us (that looked pretty cool :D). Funny thing: The flight between Cincinnati and O'Hare only took like 15 min, because of the time change (departed at 7:45 ET and arrived at 8:00 CT :D) :D

When I first got home, nobody was in the garage yet :O But that soon changed :D First Zac


Zac and me, Zac's trying to watch the movie that's why he looks that way :P

, then Erin, Janay, Blaire (a friend of Erin again ofc :D), Paul (umm Bus etc. ^^) and Rachel showed up and we partied all night ;D No, we just did the usual Pool, Pinball, talking and actually this time we actually watched a movie, the exorcist, which we all thought to be very funny (for those who don't know it, it's supposed to be scary :P), I won't quote the best part because it's not very appropriate language :P

Paul... :D

Me and Rachel
Erin, me and Janay

The "Party" ended when Sandy told us she was tired and I had to get up early (she wasn't really angry just so some people (I won't say names ;D) don't freak out :P)


Sunday: PAAAAIIIINNTTBBAAALLLLL!!! :D YEAH! AWESOMENESS! :D Yep, you heard right I got to paintball :D it was only a practise match though, together with Zac and Little Lou (we played 2on1 and 1on1... :D), before next week the big game's rolling at "Fort Knox open Paintball" :D It was really, really awesome and though I was the one that never had played before I didn't do too bad, winning some of the 2on1 as well as beating Zac in 1on1 (Lou was too good though :P) :D I used one of the spare guns of little lou and paid for the paint and it was really really fun :D The only bad thing were my clothes sandy gave me to wear: The most dorky, nerdy, whatever clothes you can think of , but it was somewhere in the woods where we were running around and shooting at each other with paint, so really how stupid can you look?! :D Camo really helps though, the only thing I was able to see of Lou and Zac were their hands and guns really while my grey sweat pants were visible over 500 ft when i wasn't hiding behind a tree :D I had an awesome time and really am looking forward to next sunday when there are gonna be more people so you actually use strategy, besides the hide and don't be seen, aim good one :P

There you go folks, a fresh posting right out of the oven ;D Enjoy :P Next time I'm gonna take my camera to the paintballing too, so you can see how it looks when people in camouflage run through the woods shooting paint ;D

THE END!

P.S: I just set up my phone for blogging, so now I can text something to blogspot and it's gonna be published instantly, I don't know if I'm gonna use it (I mean it's only 160 characters per text :/), but you might see some short entries (kinda like twitter I suppose :D) in the week :O

No comments: