Monday, March 23, 2009

Birthday on Friday, Biking on Saturday with Poker and an empty garage and a short Sunday! Also feat. DRIVERS ED!!!! GOGOGOGO REEEADD NOWW!!! :P

Oh yeah, two weeks till Spring Break :) A week in Virginia :) That's gonna be AWESOME! :D The only thing that kinda bugs me is, that my Hostdad's son has changed his wedding to April 11th (spring break :/), since one of his friends is being deployed to afghanistan, so I again won't be able to attend (it was supposed to be sometime in october), but hey I can see pictures at least, and overall I heard weddings aren't in particular the most interesting stuff you can go to as long you're not one of the marrying persons :D

Yep, you heard right, I'll fly to see my grandparents in Spring Break and have some vacation from all the stuff going on here :)

So how am I? GOOOD ;D Still having an awesome time, and alot of fun! I'm gonna start off with school again: Going smooth and easy, I must say though, that my dedication to school has kinda drifted away in some classes a little bit, but hey I'm still getting perfect grades everywhere so there's no problem at all :) I'm also actually fully understanding the topic we're doing right now in physisc, so I'm doing fine there too :) The most fun class I have is probably Math, since I just like Math, and since it's a honor class it's not that easy (though I probably could still sleep through most of the class, but that's okay :P), so it's quite interesting. For anyone that cares about the topic we're at at the moment: equalities/inequalities of which the graphs turn out to be circles :D It's kinda weird, but easy and fun, so look forward to that Germans :D. My physics class of course is also fun, just because the teacher's good and I'm getting the current topic about electrostatics it's not that hard anymore :D. Besides that my other classes are good, but pretty much too easy mostly, but that's ok it's still fun, and my teachers are all good...

WEEKEND: Friday: My hostdads birthday! I got him a Miller-High Life Cap (his favourite beer) and a "Have a Crummy Day!" T-shirt :D Actually I thought my card was awesome too ;P: "Happy birthday from Both of us: The Smart one and the Beautiful one!" Inside: "Oh wait that's both me ! Happy Birthday from both of us anyways!" :D I really liked that one ;)
So to the "surprise" (It was supposed to be one, but Lou kinda was figuring it outafter Sandy had brought in the cake and a lot of chicken fingers ;P) Party:

I'm guessing there were about 15-20 people there, so it was a pretty big crowd :D Some of the already mentioned person's being there were: Bryan (Big guy--->picture?!? ;D), Lauren, Erin, Little Lou, Missy (I guess her real name is Melissa, but she doesn't like that one :)), Matt, Jeff and Katrina...

Lauren! OMG NO BRACES!!!! :D (she was really happy to get them off :D)

Just to explain the bad picture quality: About 2 weeks ago (I guess I never told you...), I managed to mess up the display of the camera somehow, I must have hit it with something while it was in my Pocket, and when it's dark it's really hard to see if a picture's gonna be good ;)

That's pretty much all that's to say about Friday, I had fun and everybody else too (I hope :O ;))...

Saturday: Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Bike Ride :D Sandy told me about a bike trail so I went there and apparently made a good long ride of 12 miles, seriously it didn't feel that long at all, but I checked it with Google maps (I knew where I was at the end, a gas station named "Highland gas station", ads about Highland and a free wi-fi connection named "rediscoverhigland" made it fairly obvious :D), for all of you that don't believe me, put in 9330 Hayes St, 46307 Crown point to Ridge Rd, Highland, IN... It took me about 2 h overall getting there and back (with a short drinking break at the gas station :D), so I guess I didn't go that fast, thinking about it, 20 km isn't that far either, hmm, but my host parents were impressed xD

After that I took off for some more poker, this time being very close to winning, 3rd Place, and I lost with a FRICKIN' ACE TRIPLET (AGAINST A WOMAN (:P ;)), but that's ok it was fun :D

The evening was very boring though, only Lou, Sol, me, Andrew (just look it up in the other entries shouldn't be TOO hard to find^^) and later Jun Hi (... n/c ;D). Also Sol, Lou and Andrew just watched some Baseball (I somehow really don't like that sport sorry, seems very boring to me ;)), so I was just kinda bored and doing nothing :D

SUNDAY: Not much, slept 12 h till 1:45 PM, took the bike for a little bit (just a bit this time ...), barbecue for dinner and then Pool with Zac :) I'm getting pretty decent at pool too, I actually was VERY good that day but Zac had a good day too, so he's now up by 9 games on the scoreboard -.-".

TODAY: Drivers Ed: Actually being one out of 2 Germans in the class it was fun, there also was someone from my english class (only one from Andrean though :/), I had my first theory lesson, which actually wasn't that easy since it was just, take this work sheet and do it, If you're new, that's what you need to know when you're done, if you're old, you yould be able to do it without a mistake :D But the Instructor is fun. What I need to take: 30 hours of Theory (3 times a week), 6 hours of driving (scheduled individually), and then a 50 quesion multiple choice/fill in the blanks test and a 15 minutes driving test :D If my exchange programm wouldn't be set up like this, that I can't drive at all (I'll be able to though when I go to Virginia after my school ends (no exchange anymore) :)), I could drive with a person over 21 with a license too, since I got my permit now...

THAT's IT! Sorry I didn't take many pictures this week, more next week (though I'll have to do some papers that weekend, but a party in the garage should be there anyways :D)....


A Interesting site I found earlier last week when biking :D In the middle of Crown Point...

THE END

No comments: