Saturday, November 15, 2008

The First Entry !!!!! OMG! Departure is coming soon!

Today I realised my Exchange to the U.S. isn't so far away anymore, when I had my "Vorbereitungsseminar" in Dachau near Munich. I really am getting excited because of the whole Exchange thing, I really am looking forward to the day I'm leaving and just think it's going to be so much fun :)

But back to the workshop I had to attend:
After having spent 5 hours in the car getting there, taking so long because of multiple (!) traffic jams all over the A8, I had a pleasant friday night, in a, actually quite nice, Hotel in Unterschleißheim.
The next day after having a breakfast at the local bakery (in the hotel they wanted 13 € per person !) we left for the youth hostel in Dachau and were there perfectly on time.
I personally think the first part of the seminar was pretty boring, since it just told my things I don't need to know (for example, which forms someone who needs a visa (which I don't ...) has to fill out, or how much luggage I'm allowed to take...). After saying goodbye to my dad and having some rather... ...interesting tasting lunch, the attendants got to know each other (which, to my surprise, weren't all big nerds, but quite nice guys and girls), and we then were told all the things we shouldn't or should do in our repective countries:

  • Do NOT drink or own alcohol!
  • Do NOT smoke!
  • Do NOT take or own drugs!
  • Do NOT drive! (Which I think is stupid, since I'm allowed to do my driver's licence...)
  • Always be polite!
  • Do what your host family tells you!
  • Help in the household!
and much more.... But because some of the kids there were okay, and it all was thought us in quite funny games, it wasn't to bad at last.

After having driven back for 4 hours (no trafiic jams, yeah!) I reached home and set up this blog, since I thought it would be a cool idea to tell everyone, who wants to read it, some interesting stuff about my Exchange...

I hope I didn't bore you too much...

No comments: